There are many reasons involved in looking outside the ranks of your firm or family to find a potential suitor for your business. Depending on the size and type of business that you operate and your own personal circumstances, positioning your company to strategic, financial or other types of buyers including private equity, might be your most lucrative exit strategy. This session will dive into the mechanisms of selling your business to a third party for the best price and terms.
Through an interactive discussion you’ll learn:
- How the right type of partner can prepare you for the sale that is right for your business
- How to decide on the breadth and nature of a sale process
- Why timing and creating deal tension matters
- Terms that affect price and those that don’t
- How to manage majority and minority shareholder agreements
- How to prepare your management team for the cultural transition that lies ahead